Warbear?

First of all, 1v1 will be returning next week and back on a weekly schedule.  The return from vacation added so many things to my plate this week that I simply didn't have time to draw up a new one.

Secondly, thanks to Darina Smirayne of Dissimulo Gero who asked me to design a new banner for her blog, for making this week more fun that in would have been otherwise.  The amount of details I get from people varies considerably, naturally, some have no idea at all and some are more specific in their requests.  It doesn't matter to me one way or the other, eventually I'll work to get them what they want.  But Darina was different, she knew exactly what she was looking for.

I want a dark star-scene background, maybe a planet in the lower right corner. On the left, I want a yellow carebear, adjusted to make it look grizzled, war beaten and slightly intimidating. The carebear must be wearing a black eye mask (like highwaymen or some comic book heroes wear.) The bear must have a crossed pickaxe and rifle on the white area of its tummy. The words "Dissimulo Gero" somewhere in the middle of the banner, but subtle and almost invisible, with a machariel somewhere decent in the middle part of the banner.


I hope she doesn't mind me re-printing her words here, not to make fun or anything, but just to show you how specific her request was.  You might think that makes it easier for me.  In some ways it does, but in other ways it can be even more of a challenge to create exactly what someone has in their head.


So, given that, how do you think I did?


Click to embiggen

She has to use a cropped version on her site for now, since podlogs isn't set up to allow you to modify your banner size.

This was a fun one, thanks Darina for thinking of me.  And to all of you waiting, I'm working my way to you.  Almost back on schedule.  Hang tight and fly safe.